This position reports to the Technical Specialists Supervisor and has overall responsibility for creating training or procedural content and applying TDS templates, protocols, processes and work flows. Also, this position works with clients in the development and implementation of technical improvement solutions. In some cases, this position will be located and work performed within a client facility both domestically and internationally.
- Content and/or Procedure Creation: Research and accurately interpret technical reference material for use in deliverables to clients. Apply project templates to develop training guides, training manuals, operating procedures, self-study questions and evaluations. May develop supporting VISIO graphics and insert in appropriate documents.Write other technical content as required or support projects as technical subject matter expert.
- Quality Control: Track deliverables review process and oversee changes. Review for quality assurance prior to production. Apply all internal and client edits to documents.
- Internal Work Processes: Complete tracking charts, review monthly project status reports and other quality tools as necessary. Perform company related tasks including time reports, performance plans, and other requirements as necessary. Communicate with others by attending and proactively participating in client and staff meetings.
- Client Interface: Maintain appropriate contact with clients to ensure timely completion and satisfaction. Use established protocols for resolving questions and issues with client representatives.
Most work is performed in an office setting. There will be some short and long term assignments at domestic and international client sites including refinery or chemical plant facilities. Individual must be able to operate a desktop computer as well as various pieces of office equipment including copy machines, printers and phone systems. In some cases, PPE (personal protection equipment) may be required.
Physical demands for the position may include lifting and moving objects weighing up to thirty pounds when moving office items and setting up rooms for meetings; sitting for long periods of time (6-8 hours); traveling to client sites and walking inside client plants and operating units.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least five years direct operating experience in the hydrocarbon processing industry
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical or training materials in the same or similar industries
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including effectively interfacing with clients and functioning as a subject matter expert/mentor to client representatives
- At least three years using MS Office with emphasis in MSWord
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in process technology, engineering or a related field desired.