This position is responsible for partnering with our clients to execute multiple and complex projects in the petrochemical/refining/oil & gas industry. Projects consist of varied initiatives that include improving client’s work processes and their people’s performance through optimizing communications, creating technical training, developing diverse teams and strengthening leadership. Project teams will be composed of multiple disciplines including performance consultants, industry experts, learning experts, external specialty and administrative support.
This position is also expected to promote excellent teamwork with the client by way of face-to-face meetings, written communications and through effectively leading project team members, monitoring costs, and overseeing the accuracy/quality and timely completion of client deliverables. This position supports the sales process by contributing to project proposals including scoping and pricing.
Projects can range from $100K to several million dollars and extend 3-18 months in duration.
- Project Management: Serve as leader of multidisciplinary project teams assembled to conduct performance interventions. Act as the primary client contact for project development including gathering data and reference materials, managing project status and resolving issues.
- Cost Control: Manage all aspects of client projects including budget, costs, gross profit, invoicing, progress reports, etc. on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Quality Control: Review and ensure quality of all client deliverables including operations training manuals, operating and maintenance procedures and other process related training materials.
- Client Relations: Maintain and build client relations through face to face communication including expanding client relationships to develop additional work opportunities.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Provide guidance and expertise to team leads and other team members.
- Team Member: Work effectively with TDS personnel and client using clear communications, active listening techniques and meeting management skills.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Oil & Gas Industry Expertise
- Works Well with Others
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Effective Oral and Written Communications
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Business Understanding
- Business Relationships
- Instructional Design
- Performance Assessments
- Information Gathering
- Information Processing
- Workplace Influences
- Organizational Understanding
- Return on Investment
- Technical Knowledge of Operations
- Technology Savvy-Using MS Windows, MS Word, Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat
Most work is performed in an office setting either in the TDS office or at the client site. Occasional travel is required to client sites that may include refinery or chemical plant operating units. Individual must be able to operate a desktop computer as well as various pieces of office equipment including copy machines, plotters, printers and phone systems. Application for a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card will be required for this position.
Physical demands for the position may include lifting and moving objects weighing up to twenty pounds when moving office items and setting up rooms for meetings; sitting for long periods of time (6-8 hours); traveling to client sites and walking inside client plants and operating units.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years external project management experience including client-facing.
- At least 3 years leading teams and supervising personnel.
- Ten years direct experience in the industry.
- Five years using MS Office with primary focus on Excel and Word and five years using MS Project or similar tool.
Preferred degree: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Human Resources, Instructional Design or related field. Preferred Certifications: PMP