Outbound Sales Representative
This position reports to the Marketing Manager and will be the first level of response to web page inquiries, trade show contacts and advertising leads providing more information on products and services offered by TDS.
The Outbound Sales Representative will qualify prospects and elevate opportunities to second level sales engagement or to third level product owner engagement, schedule face-to-face meetings between the Sales Team and qualified prospects, and solicit enrollment of public classes by email and telephone.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from company databases, research data, and shows/conferences.
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
- Contact companies, operations managers, and training managers by email and telephone in order to solicit registrations for public training sessions.
- Exploit and take full advantage of eMarketing and social media apps/sites to identify qualified prospects for company products and services.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products and services, to identify opportunities for sales meetings and professional events that could lead to proposals for TDS products and services.
- Support conference exhibits, speaker engagements, networking and marketing events by providing logistics, planning collateral and giveaways, calling and sending invites to prospective attendees, scheduling meetings at the booth and at peripheral events.
- Respond by email and by phone to web page queries requesting information on TDS products and services.
- Build lists of organizational charts hierarchy and budget/decision makers inside organizations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications
Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Most work is performed in an office setting. Occasional travel may be required to trade shows or client sites that include refinery or chemical plant operating units. Individual must be able to operate a desktop computer as well as various pieces of office equipment including copy machines, printers and phone systems.
Physical demands for the position may include lifting and moving objects weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds when moving office items and setting up rooms for meetings; sitting and standing for long periods of time (6-8 hours); traveling to client sites and trade shows.
- Five years of outbound telemarketing experience required
- Strong telephone (cold calling) and eMarketing prospecting skills
- MS Excel and Word – Intermediate level
- One year B2B sales experience in technical training in the Oil & Gas Industry preferred
- CRM experience preferred – Salesforce or equivalent
Associates degree in Marketing or Business Administration or equivalent work experience