Industrial Organizational Consultant
This position is responsible for working with team members to identify, scope and define workforce performance challenges and create opportunities for improvement. This position requires application of industrial and organizational theories to analyze data, craft innovative solutions for clients that have demonstrated impact on business results. The position reports to the lead consultant. This position will receive direction and guidance on assignments form the lead consultant.
- Industrial and Organizational Discipline Application: Utilize theories and methods to provide expertise on client performance projects
- Performance Analysis: Assist team members with performing analysis at the organization, process and performer level and develop recommendations to clients to close performance gaps.
- Solution Development: Assist with executing solutions and processes for clients depending on project scope.•Client Interface: Participation in client sessions.
This position requires knowledge in at least 3 of the following:
- Workforce planning and transition
- Return on investment analysis
- Human Performance
- Adult learning
- Performance assessments
- Systems thinking
- Talent management
- Organizational development
- Team development
Most work is performed in an office setting at the client site or home office. Frequent travel is required to domestic and international client sites that may include refinery or chemical plant operating units. Individual must be able to operate a desktop/laptop computer, printers and other computing devices and communication tools.
Physical demands for the position may include lifting and moving objects weighing up to ten pounds; sitting for long periods of time (6-8 hours); traveling to client sites and walking inside client plants and operating units.
Preferred: 4 years direct experience as an internal or external performance consultant with business clients providing technical and non-technical improvement performance solutions. Recent graduate with masters level I/O or Adult Learning degree. Must also have at least 3 years experience working in MSWord and Excel. Experience working in the petroleum industry.
Master’s Degree in I/O Psychology