Administrative Assistant to Finance Manager
This position has responsibility for overseeing and executing all areas relating to the company’s office operations. Support is required to assist others with bookkeeping, human resources, building management, proofing and producing documents, coordinating training events and assisting clients.
- Maintain all public spaces including reception area, training rooms, library and kitchens
- Ensure that all rooms are stocked and ready for use. Assist staff and others with room reservations
- Organize and coordinate all company functions and meetings, both on and offsite
- Handle general maintenance requests and coordinate with building owner/manager as necessary
- Assist HR with recruiting, new employee orientation, performance management and recognition programs
- Assist project managers with document management, time keeping, planning, contractual documents and training
- Support Finance Manager with day-to-day entries, general bookkeeping, A/P and A/R
- Handle travel arrangements
- Support senior management with business and personal requests
- Manage phone reception
- Order and track inventory of office supplies
- Handle general inquiries from employees
- Maintain company intranet; proof company website
- Maintain and update internal office procedures and assist with emergency plan
- Support client projects, sales & marketing, and internal IT
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Works Well with Others
- Effective Oral and Written Communications
- Time Management
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Implements/Supports Company Policies and Procedures
- Performance Management
- Business Relationships
- Customer Service
- Proofing & Editing
- Logistics Management
- Training Equipment
- Technology Savvy-Using MS Windows, MS Word, Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Quickbooks
Most work is performed in an office setting. Occasional travel is required to other office locations. Individual must be able to operate a desktop computer as well as various pieces of office equipment including copy machines, plotters, printers and phone systems. Some duties require use of hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers and pliers. Other duties may require using a ladder.
Physical demands for the position may include lifting and moving objects weighing up to twenty pounds when moving office items and setting up rooms for meetings; moving and climbing ladders at a height of no more than five feet, loading and unloading supplies; sitting for long periods of time (6-8 hours); traveling to other office sites and supplier locations.
At least four years of direct experience in facilities management and/or office administration. At least two years in a customer service role with tenants, employees and/or customers. At least two years experience in planning and executing business meetings, conferences or other company-related events. At least three years experience with software applications including MSOffice.
Minimum requirement: High school diploma.
Preferred: Associates degree in business management, facility management or office administration.